CIRCOR Energy – Instrumentation Group – 1.5 Million Man-Hours Without A Lost Time Injury
(February 17th 2015)
Spartanburg, SC – CIRCOR Energy announces significant safety milestone of 1.5 million hours without a Lost Time Injury (LTI) at the Instrumentation and Sampling facility in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
“A key component to our success is empowering our associates with both the authority and responsibility to stop work and communicate to their supervisor or EH&S Leader when they recognize an unsafe condition. Our biggest gains were made when our associates became activity engaged in recognizing safety risks and taking ownership for driving continuous improvement, “said Chris Sahlman, GM and Vice President of CIRCOR Instrumentation.
This safety achievement is a direct reflection of the improved safety management system over the course of 2014 and into 2015, including but not limited to:
- Over 1800 hours invested in EH&S training of all associates
- An emphasis on reporting unsafe incidents, no matter how small they are
- 2014 Safety Slogan: “Eyes on path, mind on task”
- Implementing the new Safety Ambassador Program, immersing an associate for 9 months into everything EH&S and giving them the tools of OSHA to take back to the plant floor.
- Establishing an EH&S Council and Safety Committee
- The Implementation of “Green Spring Project” in August 2014 which has already prevented 21 tons of paper, plastic, aluminum and cardboard from going to local landfills.
According to the EH&S Manager, Shane LaRene, “It’s a team objective and one that wouldn’t have been achieved, if it were not for the effort made from all of our associates to instill a safety culture and commitment to safety. Well done Spartanburg!”
In 2015, CIRCOR Spartanburg is set to improve this safety record by continuing to empower employees, impose accountability for everyone’s actions, and review and upgrade EH&S processes and procedures.
About CIRCOR Energy
CIRCOR Energy is a market-leading, global provider of integrated flow control solutions specializing in the manufacture of highly engineered valves, fittings, pipeline products and services, and associated products, for critical and severe service applications in the oil and gas, power generation and process markets.
Comprised of best-in-class, historically significant product brands, CIRCOR Energy consistently satisfies its customers’ mission-critical needs by developing precision technologies that collectively improve their ability to control, manage, measure and regulate the safe and efficient use of fluids and other natural resources.
CIRCOR Energy: Continuously Improving Flow Control. Worldwide.