Internal Joint Testers
Pipeline Engineering's extensive range of internal joint test equipment has been designed and manufactured for the oil gas and process industries to carry out localised pressure testing of welded pipe components.
Internal Joint Tester - This tool allows the isolation and testing of weld connections on pipe components.
A comprehensive range of internal joint testers are available for hire and in addition to our standard range of internal joint testers, Pipeline Engineering can design, manufacture and test non-standard systems for special applications; these include remotely positioned and activated internal joint testers.
Available for Hire - We stock internal joint testers for pipe sizes ranging from ½" to 36". All internal joint testers are checked at our on-site facilities and are ready for immediate mobilisation. We can also provide bespoke internal joint testers to meet customer requirements and special equipment for pipes or joints above 36".
Benefits to operators - These internal joint testers offer many benefits during pipeline repair/maintenance and shutdown operations.
- Testing costs a fraction of a full hydrotest
- Quick to set up for testing
- Reduced amount of test medium required
- Localised testing - safer than a full test
- Time to carry out test significantly reduced
- Less time taken to fill area for hydrotest as only the area between the seals is filled and pressurised
- Test procedure provides a strength test as well as a leak test
- Reduced labour costs
- Equipment is easy to install and remove
- Reduced equipment downtime
- Reduced operating costs
- Reduced loss of production
Easy to Operate
The elastomer seals are expanded radially against the pipe bore, either mechanically (up to 6") or hydraulically (8" and above) to seal off the weld area. The sealed area is then pressurised through the fill/pressure port with either liquid or gas to the required test pressure.
Internal joint testers can be used in vertical, horizontal and inclined piping.
Operating equipment including pumps, extension hoses, pressure monitoring equipment and insertion extensions are also available.
Arranging Hire is Easy
- Tel: +44 (0) 1748 813000 and ask for Hire Services
- Fax: +44 (0) 1748 813501 with your requirements
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you
- Complete the on-line hire request form and we will get back to you
Our Hire Team provides all the information and advice you require on products, hire rates, delivery and collection arrangements. We aim to ensure that you get the equipment you require, when needed and at very competitive rates.
While many clients hire our flange weld testers to carry out hydrotesting themselves, Pipeline Engineering are able to offer a totally integrated product and service package.
Our engineering team are available to install, operate and carry out full tests with our internal joint testers. All engineers are fully certified and trained for onshore and offshore operations.
To request this support service, contact our Hire Team at email@example.com and we can discuss your specific requirements and how we can assist you.
If you would like additional information, please click on any literature link below or Contact Us directly so that we may provide you with detailed specifications.
- *Solutions Brochure
- PDF Size: 4.4MB
- Internal Joint Tester
- PDF Size: 1.2MB